Q & A
What are eyelash extensions?
LASHNTHINGS eyelash extensions in Takapuna are individual, synthetic lashes. They are individually attached to your eyelashes and not to your skin. Once properly applied, these lashes are so natural-looking it’s difficult to tell, even up close, that you have eyelash extensions. We offer 234 different, unique lash options to customize your look while adding volume to your lashes. Our virtually weightless lashes offer two-degrees of curl, three different thicknesses, and seven different lengths.
How long do lash extensions last?
LashnThings’s eyelash extensions will stay on your natural lashes for their remaining natural lash life. A normal lash growth/shed cycle is between 30 and 60 days. Most people shed natural lashes at a rate of one to two lashes per day, per eye. Our bodies will naturally grow a new lash to replace the one that fell out. But with LashnThings lashes, your extensions can stay on up to 40 days with proper care, and with monthly maintenance, helping you to keep your beautiful eyelashes indefinitely. General after-care will affect exactly how long the lashes last.
How much do lash extensions cost?
The average lash professional charges between $300 and $600 per session. However, at LashnThings, we offer full sets of lash extensions to new clients starting at just $79. We pride ourselves on being able to serve any client at any price point. See our Lash Extensions Services Page for a detailed list of services that won’t break the bank.
How do I remove lash extensions?
How do lash extensions work?
By placing eyelash extensions on each of your natural lashes, our licensed artists give your lashes a voluminous look. Your appointment is customized to your specific needs – Choose from a dramatic look with complete lash coverage, or a moderate to more subtle lash appearance. Once you’ve selected the lash coverage that is best for the look you want to achieve, your LashnThings Artist will delicately apply each lash to your natural lash.
We use rigorously tested lash adhesive to create a polypeptide bond, specifically designed for human lashes. The adhesive dries very softly on your lashes, so they stay flexible and elastic just like your own. The extensions will adhere to your natural lashes safely and comfortably without damaging your natural lashes or causing them to fall out.
Your extensions will last a full growth cycle of your natural lashes, which can be anywhere from six to eight weeks. To maximize the amount of time they last, we recommend touch-up treatments every two to three weeks or once per month.
How do I care for lash extensions?
In order to properly care for your lash extensions and keep them looking full and beautiful, we recommend following these tips:
- Apply an oil-free makeup remover to your lash extensions daily (brushing down from the eyelid).
- Receive fills (also known as touch-ups) every two to three weeks or once per month from our Lash Artists. As your natural lashes become accustomed to the extensions, coupled with proper care and maintenance, the time between refills can be extended.
- Avoid mascara and eyelash curlers
Do lash extensions ruin your natural lashes?
Our lash extension artists are trained to prevent damage to your natural lashes. In order to help prevent damage from occurring, our Lash Artists will teach you how to care for them.
The main causes of damage include eyelash loss (bald spots) due to:
- The Lash Artists not being properly trained and qualified. This procedure is new to New Zealand and not yet regulated, which makes it easy for opportunists to call themselves Lash Artists (also known as eyelash extension specialists). Additionally, many salons use manufacturer “stock” photos, so oftentimes the photos are not actually representative of the salon’s skill level.
- Cheap, low-quality lashes, and adhesives.
- Trying to remove the extensions yourself.
Always be cautious when searching for a Lash Artist. Even if they are certified, most other eyelash salons offer a wide array of other beauty services, the demands of which make it difficult for them to truly specialize in eyelash extensions. Always ask your Lash Artist to show you their certification and which product (and safety certifications) they use.
Can you put mascara on eyelash extensions?
Why do my lash extensions only last a week?
There are several reasons why lashes are not in a good retention:
- Your lashes are in a damaged time. They are damaged and gapping.
- You didn’t follow after care instructions, especially let your lashes wet in the first 24 hours.
- This can be the result of a Lash Artist who was not adequately qualified to apply the lashes at the salon you selected or due to the lack of care following your appointment.
How do you remove makeup with eyelash extensions?
To remove makeup, you’ll want to use an oil-free makeup remover on your lashes.
Who wears eyelash extensions?
Everyone from busy moms and working women to brides and celebrities love our lashes. If your time is precious and you want your eyes to look flawless all day, every day without worrying about mascara smears or clumps (or wrestling with eyelash curlers), LashnThings extensions are for you!
How do I prepare for my eyelash extension appointment?
To prepare for your appointment, please follow these steps:
- Remove all eye makeup and clean your lashes with a mild, oil-free cleanser. A Lash Artist can also do this for you during your appointment.
- Please don’t use oil-based makeup removers to clean your lashes prior to the application.
- Please don’t put on any mascara on the day of your appointment (we’d rather spend your time working to perfect your lashes!)
- Please remove contact lenses prior to your appointment.
- Set aside two to three hours for your full set appointment, or one hour to 90 minutes for your touch-up appointment. Many of our clients fall asleep during the procedure. They are always amazed when they wake up with gorgeous lashes!